Hello everybody, good morning! Today I’d like to share with you an morning energy boost to open the lungs, that will also clear phlegm and open up your breathing.
I got a great question from Angie, who said she’s switching up her morning routine and wanted to know…
“What’s one new thing she can do in mornings, that would be really important for her health and her well being and her emotional mindset?”
And I have to say, Angie, first of all, thank you for your question. And secondly, the most important thing that you can do in the morning is to get your lungs working.
In Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong, the lung energy is prominent in the morning. Digestion and elimination (going to the bathroom),is also really prominent in the morning and really important, but the lungs get the energy flow in the body going.
Number one thing that I do in the morning, is take a walk.
When I mention creating a morning energy boost to open your lungs, there is really no better way than getting outside and taking a brisk walk. If you can, you want to get your arms moving, get your legs moving, and get yourself breathing fully. That is a huge step to increasing your energy and your health.
And then if you can add this while you walk (see video above for demo)…
- Take a loose fist.
- That simply means your fist is loose and not highly gripping. It’s just loose.
- Bounce your loose fist on one side of your chest, on your lung points. It should sound a little hollow as you bounce.
- You don’t have to do it as fast, or you can do it fast, but it’s very light, and bouncy tapping. You’re just bouncing your wrist.
- If you can, do that for a little while as you walk and then rest.
- Then you’re going to change arms.
As you do this and walk, and it begins to move and break up any phlegm and get the energy going.
These points on your chest that you are tapping are really important acupuncture points to stimulate. Also, you can practice stretching your arms above your head to help open your lungs and open your breathing that will move the energy throughout your body.
- Open, breathe, stretch side to side, especially if you can’t get out for a walk.
- You want to make sure that you tap and you stretch.
So I hope that those give you a good boost in the morning. Thank you so much for your question Angie.
Keep your questions coming and I will see you in the next Q & A.
Have a great day everybody!